"blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted." matthew 5:4
we will never forget.
Flourless Chocolate Mini-Cakes with Praline Sauce
1/3 cup chopped pecans
3 large eggs
1 1/4 cups sugar
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa (i used dark cocoa)
4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
3 tablespoons warm water
1. Preheat oven to 425`.
2. Pulse pecans in a small food processor or blender just until pecans form a paste (about 1 minute), scraping down sides, if necessary. Set aside.
3. Separate eggs into yolks and whites. Combine yolks, sugar and cocoa in a large bowl. Melt chocolate in the microwave for 45 seconds on HIGH, stirring every 15 seconds. Set aside.
4. Beat egg whites in a large bowl on HIGH speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
5. Add pecan paste and chocolate to egg yolk/sugar mixture. Stir until smooth. Gently fold in half of beaten egg whites; fold in remaining half of egg whites. Spoon mixture evenly into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray.
6. Bake at 425` for 10 minutes or until almost set, but soft in the center. Place on a rack and cool 10 minutes. Invert onto dessert plates and serve with praline sauce.
Yield: 12 mini-cakes
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Boil 1 minute or until sugar dissolves and mixture thicken slightly. Remove from heat; stir in pecans and vanilla. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.